As part of this course we will explore Scala skills relevant for learning Spark especially for the certifications.
What is Scala?
- Scala is JVM based functional programming language.
- Even though Scala is there for more than a decade (founded in 2000), it have gained lot of momentum with Spark.
- Spark is completely developed using Scala
- On top of Spark (used for data processing), Scala also have frameworks such as Play to develop web applications
- Brief history of Scala
- REPL or CLI
- Declaring Variables
- Basic programming constructs
- Object Oriented Concepts – Classes, Objects, Companion Classes, Case Classes
- and others
- Externalizing properties
- JDBC Programming
There are many other important topics which are out of the scope for CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer or any Spark based courses for now
- Pattern Matching
- many more
One can also try Scala coding using this link https://scalafiddle.io/
Click here for my blog post to setup IDE for developing Scala based applications.