Hadoop Certifications Training

Intro

Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware. All the modules in Hadoop are designed with a fundamental assumption that hardware failures are common and should be automatically handled by the framework.

Typically Hadoop cluster can have few hundreds to few thousand nodes/physical servers. Setting up plain vanilla or Apache Hadoop and monitoring it can be tedious task and hence there are several distributions which provide tools for setting up and managing the clusters.

17 Comments

• Deepak Nagadi Posted July 18, 2016 12:57 am

Hi Durga…I have downloaded Cloudera VM 5.7 which has Spark version 1.6.0 . Would you advise me to keep practicing for my CCA175 on it or Download the appropriate Version to be on par with what will be given during the exam ? Please advise. Thank you.

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted July 18, 2016 2:50 am

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted July 18, 2016 2:53 am

It is fine to practice with 1.6.0 as well, but make sure you do not use Spark SQL and data frames as it has differences between 1.2 and 1.6. Spark SQL and Dataframes are not required for the certification. As part of the certification, Spark APIs – transformations and actions are tested.

• Chavva Subbareddy Posted August 3, 2016 5:16 am

Hi,
    Durga Sir,
    I have no any work experience in java,I know only how to write simple java programs and well know about SQL. I want to become a Hadoop developer.
    Your videos sufficient for learning Hadoop. I know basic knowledge about Hadoop ecosystem and Installation and configurations of Hadoop ecosystem.
    Which area Hadoop developer or Hadoop administration.
    And also well known about Ubuntu.

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted August 3, 2016 11:36 am

How many years of experience you have? Which areas/technologies you have been working?

• krish Posted October 2, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi Durga Sir,
    I am a Mainframe professional with 9 years experience and would like to shift to Big Data Technologies. I have just learned basic Java concepts and can understand Java code.
    I believe it is utmost important for me to get certified in Big Data skills using which can apply for Big data opportunities in market. Could you please suggest which certification would be best recommended for me.

• krish Posted October 2, 2016 10:20 pm

I have just learnt about CCP – CLoudera Certified Professional CCP Data Engineer Exam (DE575) . Would you recommend this to me and also please advise on how should I prepare for it.

• anb3210 Posted October 3, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello Durga,
    I am aiming to clear the new Cloudera CCP DE 575. Is it similar to CCA 175? I saw on your youtube channel resources for CCA. Do you plan on doing the same for CCP DE soon? By the way, great work . I really appreciate your views, tutorials, website and youtube channel.

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted October 4, 2016 10:25 am

I have started on CCP, but it will take some time.

• Sai Posted October 14, 2016 4:55 am

Hi Durga sir,

I am sai and I have 1.8 years of experience in unix. I am planning to switch to Hadoop technology. Which certification will suits me either Hadoop admin or Hadoop developer. Which one is best? I have basic knowledge in Hadoop administration , hive flume pig and sqoop. Please suggest us. My overall experience is 1.9

• simminni Posted November 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Durga,

I an trying to learn Hadoop and its various technologies. A friend of mine suggested me this website as it has training and guidance to certification. There is lot of useful content in this website. Assuming I am new to Big Data and Hadoop, what is the order of your courses that I can follow in order ? I am looking for a sequential plan to learn this content.

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted November 21, 2016 11:58 pm

May I know your background? Do you want to be developer or admin?

• Shiva Posted November 22, 2016 2:05 am

I have a masters in CS and want to be a Hadoop Developer

• Mahtab Md Posted November 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Sir,

The cloudera admin certification has updated their syllabus which now includes integrating spark in their YARN section. may you please help us understand tht topic

Thanks,
    Mahtab

• Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju Posted November 26, 2016 1:42 am

Sure, I will have a look at that.